Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Twitter..tweet tweet .. can u hear it
Along with Facebook I also saw a blue lil cute birdie flying by on the social networking site called as ‘Twitter’ and keeps on saying ‘tweet , tweet’.
Whenever a new thing comes in the market , we rush towards that and create an account, that’s what I did long back. Made some followers and followed also. But never knew wots this twitter is all about (sounds crazy!!).
I got so indulged in facebook that never got time to look at my lil birdie( Ah poor u). but loads of people are on twitter. While sitting in the office my boss normally asked me ,”Annu , what do u do on twitter?”. I was blank, though I own a account there but I was speechless. That triggered me to find out more about twitter.
Twitter is microblogging and social networking site. Microblogging cos it provides u 140 character to write /share your thoughts. And social networking because it keeps you updated about whom you are following and let others know about your status.
So how to use it.
1. First of all follow the people who suits your interest. And let others also follow you.
2. Use @ and write the name of the person whom you wanna notify. This is a public message which will be visible to others also , so think and then write.
3. Twitter has got a message tab also , in case you want to send private message to any of your followers.
4. Use #(hash tag) in case you want to post your comment to a topic (# are used for notifying a topic/group).
5. It helps in branding yourself. So be careful about what u post!!
Simple isn’t? ^_^
How does it promote your business.
1. Make a set of followers who you think can be your buyers or a person relevant to your business.
2. Just don’t keep on posting blatantly . no body likes it. Make sure it should make sense to other person.
3. Try to engage the person who is asking you about your tweet in short revert on time!! Make sense..
4. Try to create a topic or post in relevant topic.
5. You can upload images /videos also on twitter.
6. Share information or ask questions, make it interactive.
I am sure all this will be a little help for the beginners..but small means something when you have nothing in front of you.
So let your lil cute blue birdie fly on twitter and do TWEET !! TWEET!!...
Till then HAPPY TWEETING..